Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I don't see you if you don't see me


I was taking the Path train home on Friday night and ran into someone that I had gone out with on one date a few weeks ago. We both pretended not to notice each other. Thankfully I had my cell phone game on me so I could turn my full concentration towards the game. He got off the stop before me and hightailed it out of there.

The date was ok by any standards. He actually has a job, some sort of engineer, has his own place in Jersey City, not with his mom, had more of a life than his job, had some key stories to tell the night we met that were non work related, but there were no sparks. I’m sure he felt the same way too. He was actually pretty boring. For a good part of the night, he talked about this girl that was his frienemy. She was his roommate in Florida, moved to NY, stayed with him for a little while, then she flipped out and thought he was in love with her (apparently she’s a bit of a drama queen). This went on for a while. I kept suggesting we get another drink but he was saying he was good, I didn’t want to look like a complete lush, next time I shouldn’t care as much how I look.

We did the “nice to meet you, let’s do it again” text afterwards but it was left at that. I believe we both knew we wouldn’t hang out again. And NOT seeing each other on the Path just solidified this.

No comments:

Post a Comment