Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love is….shoveling….?


I’ve fallen in love. It was a dark snowy, wintery day. I was at work. We’d been out a few times prior. He offered to come to my work, pick me up and help me shovel my car out. I gladly accepted the offer. The Fireman arrived at 3 PM, we had early work dismissal due to the massive amounts of snow that was falling. I went downstairs to meet him. I was so happy to have a ride, thinking how much better it was to not have to walk through the snow to get to my train, take the bus, then walk through the snow again to get home. My heart was already falling. It was a little scary driving, they hadn’t cleared all roads just yet but we made it to my place. As soon as we got there, I took the shovel out of my car and the Fireman went to work. Digging the snow out at an extremely fast pace, I realized at this moment, I am in love. I realized, I want someone to do this for me every time it snows. I want someone to do things for me all the time, in fact.

Clearly, because someone shovels my car out of the snow is an excellent reason to fall in love. Clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment